The Camp Courageous Multi-Purpose Building is used for indoor camper activities and as a staff dormitory. It was built in 1978 and is now in need of remodeling. As the camp has grown, so has the this building. which started as a small gym with a storage area. With the help of many volunteers in the early 80s, half of the second floor was made into a female dormitory and storage area. Later in the 80s the upstairs area was made into 100% dormitory space to meet the need for growing staff for both males and females.
With the building of the Beckwith Dormitory this past year, the year-round staff were moved out of the Multi-Purpose Building dorm. The Multi rooms became an area reserved for volunteers and/or summer staff. After 30-years, the Multi-Purpose Building is ready for a major overhaul. This winter, Americorp volunteers and others will be starting this project.
A special thank you to Don & Nancy Zeeman and their dear friends at Kohler, we have the plumbing fixtures donated.
If you are interested in helping with this project in preparation for the staff and volunteers coming the summer of 2009 the camp would be very grateful. Below are some naming opportunities for this project:
- $100,000 Building Naming Rights – donor’s name or a name of their choice in stone on the outside of the building and the building will take this name.
- $10,000 Kitchenette – a beautiful brass plaque will appear outside this area
- $5,000 (2) Bathroom/Showers First Floor – a beautiful brass plaque will appear outside this area.
- $5,000 (2) Bathrooms/Showers Second Floor – a beautiful brass plaque will appear outside this area.
- $5,000 (1) Laundry Room – a beautiful brass plaque will appear outside this area.
- $5,000 (9) Volunteer/Staff Rooms – a beautiful brass plaque will appear outside each of these rooms.
- $5,000 (1) Volunteer/Staff Lounge – a beautiful brass plaque will appear outside this area.
- $1,000 Plaque in Lounge – There will be a plaque on display with the names of all donors of $1,000 to this project.
For additional information or to inquire about the Multi-Purpose Building Remodel Project you can contact Charlie Becker by email or call 319-465-5916, ext. 2100.