FRUITCAKES IN STORES!
Fruitcakes are available now online through our Camp Store, at Camp Courageous, and at the locations listed below.
Camp Courageous’ Famous Fruitcakes
Leigh Clark entrusted Camp Courageous with his secret fruitcake recipe. It’s one of those delicacies you either love or don’t. Thankfully we produce a fruitcake people can’t get enough of. Those who like fruitcakes put ours at the top of their list. Those who claim to avoid them are easily and quickly converted.
Each September, 35 longtime volunteers assemble at Camp to bake these delectable treats. Camp Courageous fruitcakes are made with the sweet fruit of green and red candied cherries, pineapples, pecan, English walnuts, Brazil nuts and mixed with golden raisins and sweetened coconut. There is just enough cake batter to hold it all together. These one –pound delights contain no alcohol or citron.
The day after baking they are frozen. Camp Courageous Fruitcakes are best when stored, sliced and served frozen. The texture is rich, the flavor incredible. Stored in the freezer they stay fresh and delicious for many months.
They make wonderful gifts for family or friends. Proceeds from these fruitcakes directly benefit the over 8,000 campers that attended Camp Courageous this year.
Where can I buy fruitcakes?
Our wonderful fruitcakes can be purchased at any of the locations currently listed below. Keep checking back as availability can change rapidly. In addition, you can purchase fruitcakes through our Camp Store website, at Camp Courageous, or by calling Tim directly at 319-465-5916 ext. 2180.
Fruitcakes are available at the following locations right now!
- Amana Meat Shop & Smokehouse
- Ox Yoke Inn
- Fareway (Burnett Ave)
- Fareway (Stange Rd)
- Hy-Vee (Lincoln Way)
- Anamosa — Fareway
- Brooklyn — Jim Foels
- Calamus — Steffen’s Tap
- Cascade — Brother’s Market
- Cedar Falls — Hy-Vee (College Square)
- Cedar Rapids
- 16th Avenue Grill
- Fareway (16th Ave SW)
- Fareway (1st Ave SE)
- Scott’s Family Restaurant
- Clinton — Fareway
- Coggon — Coggon Market
- Home Hardware
- Masonic Center
- Des Moines — Hy-Vee (E Euclid Ave)
- DeWitt — Cram Chiropractic — SORRY! Sold out for this year!
- Fareway (JFK Rd)
- Theisen’s Home – Farm – Auto
- Randy’s Neighborhood Market
- Fairfield — The Arc of Jefferson & Nearby Counties (Darlene Vorhies)
- Goldfield — Goldfield Cheese Mart
- Grinnell — Uhlmann’s Furniture
- Hiawatha — Fareway
- Independence — Fareway
- Iowa City
- Fareway (Commerce Dr)
- Fareway (Westwinds Dr)
- Hy-Vee (First Ave)
- Pagliai’s Pizza
- Kalona — Farmers Supply Sales
- Langworthy — Savor the Barn (Highway 151)
- Manchester — Fareway
- Maquoketa — Fareway
- Marengo — Big G food Store
- Cafe Country Kitchen
- Camp Courageous
- Whiffle Tree Antique Mall
- Mount Pleasant — Brown Bear’s Basket Antique Mall
- Mount Vernon — Gary’s Foods
- Muscatine — Fareway
- North Liberty — Fareway
- Oelwein — Fareway
- Oskaloosa — Fareway
- Peosta — Fareway
- Solon — Sam’s Main Street Market
- Stanwood — Ditto’s Family Restaurant
- Tipton — Family Foods
- Vinton — Fareway
- Fareway (W San Marnan Dr)
- Greco & Associates Financial Services
- Washington — Fareway
- West Des Moines — Fareway
- West Liberty — Farmers Supply Store
- Williamsburg — Uhlmann’s Furniture
Questions about Camp Courageous Fruitcakes?
Contact Tim Raine at 319-465-5916, ext. 2180