FRUITCAKES ARE STILL AVAILABLE!
Camp Courageous’ famous fruitcakes are available online, at our camp store and at the locations listed below.
Leigh Clark entrusted Camp Courageous with his secret fruitcake recipe. It’s one of those delicacies you either love or don’t. Thankfully we produce a fruitcake people can’t get enough of. Those who like fruitcakes put ours at the top of their list. Those who claim to avoid them are easily and quickly converted.
Each September, 35 long-time volunteers assemble at camp to bake these delectable treats. Camp Courageous fruitcakes are made with the sweet fruit of green and red candied cherries, pineapples, pecan, English walnuts, Brazil nuts and mixed with golden raisins and sweetened coconut. There is just enough cake batter to hold it all together. These one –pound delights contain no alcohol or citron.
The day after baking they are frozen. Camp Courageous Fruitcakes are best when stored, sliced and served frozen. The texture is rich, the flavor incredible. Stored in the freezer they stay fresh and delicious for many months.
They make wonderful gifts for family or friends. Income from these fruitcakes directly benefit the over 7,000 campers that attended Camp Courageous this year.
Where can I buy fruitcakes?
Fruitcakes are still available at the following locations right now!
- Fareway (Burnett Ave)
- Hy-Vee (Lincoln Way) (5 Left!)
- Hy-Vee (West Lincoln Way)
- Anamosa — Fareway
- Calamus — Steffen’s Tap (5 Left!)
- Cedar Falls — Hy-Vee (College Square) (Only 2 Left!)
- Clinton —Fareway
- Coggon — Main Street Market
- Des Moines — Hy-Vee (Euclid Ave)
- Goldfield — Goldfield Cheese Mart
- Grinnell — Uhlmann’s Furniture
- Iowa City
- Fareway (Westwinds)
- Pagliai’s Pizza
- Hy-Vee (First Ave)
- Maquoketa — Fareway
- Marengo — Big G Food Store
- Camp Courageous
- Whiffle Tree Antiques
- Mt Pleasant — Brown Bear’s Antique Basket
- Oskaloosa — Fareway
- Solon — Sam’s Main Street Market
- Stanwood — Ditto’s Family Restaurant (Less than 10 left!)
- Tipton — Family Foods
- Waterloo — Fareway (San Marnan Dr)
- Fareway (Only 4 Left!)
- Hy-Vee (Only 6 Left!)
- West Des Moines — Fareway (Grand Ave)
- Williamsburg — Ullmann’s Furniture (Only 3 Left!)
Questions about Camp Courageous Fruitcakes?
Contact Tim Raine at 319-465-5916, ext. 2180