2016 Camp Courageous Sprint Triathlon
Presented by Transamerica
Sunday, August 7, 2016 – 8:00 AM
Held at Central Park (near Amber, IA)
Part of the Heartland of America triathlon series.
When and Where will the Camp Courageous Sprint Triathlon be held?
This year’s event will be held entirely at Central Park. Physical address is: 12515 Central Park Rd, Center Junction, IA 52212
What are the distances for each segment of the triathlon?
SWIM-500 yards – will be held at Central Park, located near Amber, Iowa. Distance will be 500 yards.
BIKE-15.5 miles – the course will be an out-and-back course from Central Park and returns to the park.
RUN-5K – the run will be a 5K route that will be around the lake at Central Park.
Do you have maps of the routes?
SWIM ROUTE – will be in the Central Park Lake at Central Park. The route used in 2014 should be similar to the 2015 route.
BIKE ROUTE – A out-amd-back ride from Central Park, through Amber, out towards Highway 38, and the return back to Central Park. There will be one transition area at Central Park.
RUN ROUTE – a cross country course that goes around Central Park Lake at Central Park. Pictured is the route used in 2013. This route should be similar to the route used for 2014.
Who can participate in the Camp Courageous Sprint Triathlon?
Kids and adults that are prepared to participate in a triathlon are welcome. There are no age restrictions.
Can I enter as an Individual or Team?
Yes. Entries type will determine how athelets will compete against each other. Entries can be made by:
- Age Group – Individuals will race against other athletes of a similar age. U.S.A. Triathlon rules state that an age is determined by how old a participant is on December 31st of the race year.
- Clydesdale-Athena: Individuals compete based on their weight. Men weighing 220 pounds plus or women weighing 165 pounds and over have the option to race in this division. Athletes in these weight ranges may still race in the Age Group.
- Team: two or three athletes compete relay-style. One athlete will swim, one will bike, and another will run. Teams will be broken up into male, female, and co-ed categories.
Athletes can enter as an individual or as a member of a team, but not both. A team can consist of two (one athlete does two parts and the other does one) or three members. You can enter online using the online entry system.
What are the entry fees?
|ENTRY TYPE||Before 6/1||Before 7/16||7/16-8/4|
|Age Group 0-15||$50|
|Age Groups over 15, Athena, Clydesdale
($12 added for those needing a 1-day USAT membership)
|TEAMS||(add $12 for each member not a USAT member)
(deduct $20 if all team members blood-related)
|Teams 15 years-old & Under||$100|
|Teams over 15 years-old||$150||$165||$195|
This is a U.S.A. Triathlon sactioned event. All athletes must be a U.S.A.T. member. A one-day membership will be added to those that are not U.S.A.T. members. You can get more information about U.S.A.T. membership and a one-year membership. All athletes must present a photo I.D. at packet pickup (per U.S.A.T. rules).
This event follows the U.S.A.T. rules. You can view the rules on the U.S.A.T. web site.
When is Packet Pickup? (2016 TENTATIVE DATES)
- Friday, August 5, 2016, 5 PM to 8 PM – Scheels
1461 Coral Ridge Ave, Coralville, IA 52241
- Saturday, August 6, 2016, 8 AM to 11 AM – Transamerica
- Saturday, August 6, 2016, 1 PM to 3 PM – Camp Courageous
12007 190th Street, Monticello IA 52310
- Sunday, August 7, 2016, 6 AM to 7:30 AM – Central Park
12515 Central Park Rd, Center Junction, IA 52212
Thank you to Transamerica and all of the sponsors that help make this event possible!